We, the staff of ONC believe that the nurses are an integral part of the health care system.
The cornerstone of our nursing philosophy is, “Excellence in education and excellence in practice.” We believe that:
- It is our responsibility to produce skilled, highly competent, qualified nurses, who excel in face the professional challenges
- Nurses should be trained and equipped with scientific knowledge required to provide comprehensive nursing care.
- That the nature of Nursing is such that substantial portion of student learning is acquired in clinical area.
- Skilled and trained nurses are able to understand social and health related problems in the hospital setting and, in the community, at large, and will be able to intervene and work as agents of social change.
- At the end of this training students would have developed leadership qualities which would allow them to address the changing health needs of the society, with love and compassion.
- Developing an attitude of selflessness and service with truth and compassion, are paramount.
- It is important for nurses to strive to promote heath needs and public welfare, through active participation in the society.
- We have responsibility to the student and society to make provision in the programme for continued development of the student as an individual as a citizen as well as a nurse.
- Execution with passion
- Lifelong learning
- Quality teachings
- Student success